*Last updated on 30/12/2015
I believe that blogging is a platform that breaks a lot of physical as well as emotional barriers. I don’t mean in the sense that the television brings the world into your living room or how flying has made almost every place in the world accessible to the wanderer. I mean that blogging and more essentially, writing, frees us from the cumbersomeness of being a part of the crowd. I never was that anyway.
Words have been my most faithful friends for the longest time and they will be until I become dust and beyond, if ever I finish the books I’m writing and get them published.
I believe introductions are not just polite but very necessary. You can go and see my About page if you’re interested in what makes me tick. But here, as my first post, I would like to tell you 10 things (don’t want to overwhelm you!) about me, in no particular order:
- The first profession I ever dreamed about was singing. I sing pretty well, though I have never had any formal training. Which leads us to…
- My favourite songs to sing – To The Moon and Back by Savage Garden, White Flag by Dido, Crush by Jennifer Paige and more recently
Born to Die by Lana Del Rey. This list of songs is in no way exhaustive, just the ones that are on the tip of my tongue most often.
- I am a voracious reader; fiction mostly and all sorts of it. Fantasy, romance (not so much anymore), thrillers, chick lit, the classics, the works.
- I love to write and have been doing so ever since I started reading, say, since I was 8 or 9.
- My English teacher in Grade 11 told me I must write a book before I die. I’ll just say, sir, I am trying!
- I have a passion for languages and pick them up very easily. I am fluent in Malayalam (my mother tongue), English and Hindi and can understand Marathi, Kannada and French to a certain degree. I was an ace student of French and Arabic when I was younger but the latter has all but faded due to no use. I can still read it though.
- I love to cook! Mainly Italian but then I throw things together as the whim strikes me, anything from anywhere in the world goes.
- I love to eat! I have been eating (mostly) healthy for over a year and the changes are internal as well as external. That doesn’t mean I don’t indulge once in a while. I now balance exercise along with good (read: real) food.
- I am allergic to coconut oil. This much has been proven, but I have been avoiding all other coconut products like the plague, except coconut milk (which I love) once in a while.
- I want to travel to at least 5 continents by the time I’m 40, that’s in another 11 years. *gulp*